The first stage in the planning process is mapping out the key information you consider critical for success.
Team Identity Planning Process
One thing to keep in mind, though, is that Team identity Planning isn't simply the creation of a Team Identity Plan. In order for a Team Identity plan to be actionable, a high-level strategy is required.
- Search for trends from previous experience
- What is the most important information for everyone to have?
- Where have things broken down in the past?
- Why did that happen?
- Define your objectives and create action items that meet your goals.
- Improved clarity on role responsibility
- Better execution Out of Time Outs
- Increased engagement between coaches and players
- Determine the metrics that will be used to gauge success.
- Whose engaging with the material?
- How frequently?
- Is it leading to on-court results?
- Assess your current situation, including weaknesses that will act as roadblocks and strengths that will help.
- POTENTIAL WEAKNESS: Transitioning workflows onto mobile, tablets, and laptops
- POTENTIAL STRENGTH: Luceo training & support to help manage transition
- Identify any gaps that need to be filled to achieve your targets.
- Consider new initiatives based on new opportunities not available in previous years.
- Recording live instruction for 24/7 access
- Creating learning games to improve retention
- Tracking engagement to better diagnose solutions
- Involve all team members to gather feedback on points of learning that you may not have considered
- What information is most valuable to them for doing their job?
- Where do they see room for improved communication?
- What's one thing they wish they understood better about the organization?
- Outline action items to provide direction on areas of emphasis that are most important at the moment.
- Documenting important processes
- Building out knowledge library on Luceo.app
- Onboarding all team members
One thing to keep in mind is that Team Identity Planning shouldn't end with the creation of the plan.
You'll want to reiterate this process when necessary to maintain to keep your team members on the same page as situations change.
Now that you're committed to the Team Identity Planning process, let's dive into the execution component of the plan.